[texhax] making a class file

umesh rai bumeshrai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:33:50 CEST 2007

I want to write my PhD thesis in latex. But my university doesn't have
its own thesis class file. It has only a word template. Half a dozen
thesis classes, available with Miktex are not suitable for my purpose
as the university is very strict on its style sheet.

I how now decided to make a latex class file for my university and
upload it for general use. But unfortunately, I have been just a user
of latex and never a developer. I require help in turning into a
developer fast, so my request is to know

1. Whether a software tool for latex developer to develop his own class file ?
2. Are there any tutorials on how to develop your own class files.

Thanks

B.Umesh rai