[texhax] Problem with BaKoMa TrueType cmaps

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jul 24 02:18:45 CEST 2007

Hi Brian,

(Sorry for the delayed reply.)

    1) Why is the "less than or equal" symbol moved to offset 0x2219?

I can only suggest asking the bakoma author.  Personally, I am quite
surprised to learn that any characters have been moved.  My guess is
that it is bakoma-specific and the bakoma author wrote his drivers and
fonts to match.

I know of no standards regarding such changing of characters.

I'm not sure what environment you need your DVI reader to run in, but
note that cmsy10.ttf is specifically part of bakoma, not part of TeX
Live or (I believe) MiKTeX.  Indeed, there are no widely available
truetype versions of cmsy10.ttf that I know of.  (The Type1 cmsy10.pfb
is used widely, of course.)

Hope this helps somehow.

Best,
Karl