[texhax] LaTeX bibliography woes.

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Wed Jul 11 17:08:27 CEST 2007

> 	I can't in good faith redefine \bibitem yet again, I've
> got packages
> depending on it... When I read deeper into the docs, I wrote
> \item[]{\large\bf whatever} and it worked just fine, the resulting
> strings are not numbered and look more or less like subheadings would.
> The only thing that still irks me is that the left edge of such
> subheading begins with the list contents and not with the list
> numbering, as well as the fact that I don't know whether it's possible
> to inherit \section heading style somehow without invoking
> \section itself.

Aha, but I didn't redefine \bibitem itself, rather I defined something else
that reduces to the plain LaTeX \bibitem, except when a jump from one
section to another occurs, in which case it adds my insertion.

Anyway, you could still simply use the insertion I suggested in place of
your \item[]{\large\bf whatever}, which should sort out the left-hand
alignment problem.  Or am I missing something.

Cheers,  Phil