[texhax] Separate footnote series

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Jan 30 06:00:17 CET 2007

At 00:09 30.01.07, Axel E. Retif wrote:
>On 29 Jan, 2007, at 13:27, Michael Barr wrote:
>
> > I am involved in a reprinting project and would like to have two
> > kinds of
> > footnotes, the first kind that would leave the original footnotes
> > with the
> > same numbers plus an occasional editor's footnote that could be
> > marked by
> > \dag or \ddag and would start anew on each page (it is unlikely
> > that there
> > be more than one on any page).  Is there a simple way of doing that?
> >

>Yes, the NCCtools bundle has the manyfoot package. It's excellent and
>very easy to use.

The bigfoot package I mentioned is a high-tech version of manyfoot.
I mentioned it because I thought that the original footnotes
might get editioral footnotes. Only bigfoot does this.

Peter Wilson's memoir class provides some manyfoot functionality
as well.

If you want to have the editorial notes to numbered pagewise,
while keeping the original pagenumbers which may be
chapterwise, David Kastrup's perpage may help.

For critical editions in the classical ("scholarly") style indeed,
you might visit an overview at http://ednotes.sty.de.vu.

Good luck,

Uwe Lück.