[texhax] longtable.sty caption

MCube tuche at tin.it
Fri Feb 9 21:57:13 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using longtable.sty for some tables that are longer than one page.
Now, my only trouble is the \caption[]{} command. For some reason it
'anarchically' places the top caption in random alignments (i.e.
centered, other times seemingly right flushed..)

The end results is that I often have the caption begin almost in the
middle of the page, and go beyond my right margin.

Any help on how to prevent this, or force the caption to be left-flushed?

 thanks

 Martin

"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin; but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in my life!" [Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland]

Martin M. Monti
Princeton University
Department of Psychology
Green Hall 3-S-8