[texhax] Persistent widowed headings

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 19:53:13 CET 2007

I have a problem of very frequent widow section headings. I have
tried increasing the widowpenalty all the way up to 10000 but it
has no effect. This seems to indicate another problem.

It always happens in the context of a heading, followed immediately by a parpic.

example code

\subsection{Cosine panner}
\pargraf{images/pd2/pan/cospanner}{cos-sin law panner}{fig::cossinpan}{0.6}{r}{12pt}
\noindent
While the square law panner gives a correct amplitude reduction for center
position it has a problem of its own. The curve of $\sqrt{A}$ is perpendicular

where \pargraf is

% Main side graphic, left or right
\newcommand{\pargraf}[6]{
\captionsetup{font=footnotesize, labelfont=bf}
\piccaption{#2\label{#3}}
\pichskip{#6}
\parpic[#5]{\includegraphics[angle=0, scale=#4]{#1}}
}

This really has me stumped and I welcome any help.
Thankyou,

Andy Farnell

--
Use the source