[texhax] Notes in the right margin in two-sided documents

Adrian F. Clark alien at essex.ac.uk
Fri Dec 14 10:56:19 CET 2007

Colleagues,

The house style for setting exam papers here is two-sided with the
percentages for parts of a question in the right-hand margin.  I've
been able to achieve this using LaTeX2e with \marginpar and judicious
manual insertion of \reversemarginpar incantations on recto pages --
but it's hardly an elegant solution.  So I was wondering if there is
a way of turning off the normally desirable behaviour of \marginpar
placing the marginal material in the outside margin in two-sided mode?

MTIA.

..Adrian
--
Dr Adrian F Clark           WEB: http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~alien/
EMAIL: alien/at/essex.ac.uk TEL: +44 1206 872432  FAX: +44 1206 872900