[texhax] Graphics problem

Loeghmon T. Nejad loeghmon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 17:45:55 CET 2007

Everyone,

I need to place a jpg image centered, right at the end of the
title-author-date area in an article, but the image is placed half (or
more) outside the printing area, chopped, and sized oddly. Can one
please tell me what I am doing wrong? Do I have to (low level) further
modify the dimensions of the JPG at the file level! I have tried with
NO FIGURE ENVIRONMENT and I still got more or less the same results. I
am using Miktex 2.6. Thank you.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
\title{test figure}
\author{self}
\maketitle
\begin{document}
this is text.\\
\begin{figure}[htp]
\centering
\includegraphics[height=4cm]{/data/readables/charles.jpg}
\caption{charles}\label{fig:celtic}
\end{figure}
\\
this is end text