[texhax] PSTricks

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Wed Aug 8 09:41:20 CEST 2007

On  7 Aug, 2007, at 11:24, Rajanikant Bhatt wrote:

> Hi,
>  I have been using PSTricks for graphics in my texts. I have been
> using Timothy Van Zandt's User's guide.

Isn't it a little bit old? I would advise you to check The Indian TUG
tutorial:

http://sarovar.org/projects/pstricks/

Chapter 9, ``Tricks with text'' is, I think, what you're looking for;
but all chapters are worth reading (and you can download both the PDF
with the chapter as well as the source code).

> On page 76 of this guide there is article 38 about typesetting text
> along a path. I tried his instructins but nothing works. He says
> that it works with Rokicki's dvips. I do not what it is ( I am not
> much into computor jargons) and how to obtain and use it. Can I get
> some help?
> I use windows and the software I installed and use is called WinEdt
> (2).

WinEdt is really a front-end to an actual TeX distribution, which
might be, in your case, MikTeX or TeXLive, right?

I see in WinEdt's web site snapshots that it has a button ``dvi-
 >ps''; that runs dvips, after you have run TeX or LaTeX. Then there
is another button ``ps->pdf'' ---if you run that too it will create a
PDF you can view with Acrobat Reader, for example.

Best,

Axel