[texhax] Nested list misalignment

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Wed Apr 18 05:48:29 CEST 2007

"Vince Pileggi" <vinpile at rogers.com> writes:

> Need help to left justify second line

No, you have misaligned first lines of items.

>     \item[(a)]{\hspace{-84pt}\reversemarginpar{(2)}} \hspace{65pt}
>     The average fluid velocity $V$ in $m/s$. \\

Gag! Don't do such nonsense! You introduce unbalanced \hspace and
inter-word spaces to give the following text the wrong position.
You also end a paragraph with \\ which you should never do.

Your mixture of the numeric tags with the list item tags looks like
a bad decision, but the attempted implementation really stinks.

Do you know what \reversemarginpar means?  I think you were trying
to use \marginpar{} without any silly \hspace.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca