[texhax] How I do This ?

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Apr 17 18:57:09 CEST 2007

On Monday 13 November 2006 18:12, wa2n wrote:
> Hi All
> I have a few Question,
> When I type for example. "TypeSomethingHere" can I have the result
> is "Type Something Here"
>
> The point here is can I use Latex to autocorrect ?
> Adding space after have character following with Caps ?
> or doing something that similiar with that ?

And how would you want TeX to respond to an ancronym such as UN or
CTAN?

It would not be difficult to set up a series of macros such as
\def\A{ A}
\def\B{ B}
etc.
...which would insert a (possibly superfluous) space in front of every
cap, but sensing whether the next letter was also a cap would be more
challenging.

A Vim macro might be able to handle the acronym problem but the
prospect of writing it makes my head hurt. Or while using vim one
could enter:
:%s/[A-Z]/ &/gc
and hit y or n depending on the nature of the occurrence found.
I just tested this and it works but is tedious.

 I suggest just proofreading, unless you have a document where such
mistakes occur often.

--
John Culleton
Able Indexing and Typesetting

Need personalized email and website? Look no further. It's easy
with Doteasy $0 Web Hosting! Learn more at www.doteasy.com