[texhax] Problem working with include files

Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) rjf2 at CDC.GOV
Mon Apr 2 20:37:19 CEST 2007

> From: Bruno Estigarribia <aananda at stanford.edu>
> Subject: [texhax] Problem working with include files
> Hello all,
> I am writing a thesis using the following code:

> \documentclass[12pt,twoside,openright]{report}
> \title{ }
> \author{ }

%suggest:
\newcommand\files{...}

%\typein[\files]{Now put in includeonly}
%\includeonly{\files}

so are you typing in a list of files?

I am now familar with using \typein as providing arguments to a
newcommand

I suspect the above command fails
because there is no \newcommand\files{...}

correct syntax is a comma-delimited list of any of sections/chapters
referenced by all the later \include statements
i.e.: any one of following:

%\includeonly{preface,acknowledgement}
%\includeonly{chapter1}
%\includeonly{chapter2}

> \begin{document}
> \include{preface}
> \include{acknowledgment}
> \include{chapter1}
% ...
> \include{chapter9}
> \appendix
> \include{appendix1}
> \include{appendix2}
> \include{appendix3}
> \include{bibliography}
> \end{document}

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/askinclude.html

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/excludeonly.html

Ron Fehd  the {SAS} macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov