[texhax] The Texbook

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 24 23:44:50 CEST 2006

    I have just joined TUG

Thanks for your support!

    and I would like a copy of The Texbook, a used copy preferably.  Can
    you supply?

TUG doesn't stock copies of anything but TUGboat; we don't have space.
As Dave suggested, an online source is probably your best bet.
(Personally I use bookfinder.com to aggregate all the big used book
sources.)

    I used Tex extensively years ago and I would like to refresh my memory.
    Can you recommend a book?

If you're talking about plain TeX, there are several books that are
available at no cost and/or without sources, notably TeX by Topic and
TeX for the Impatient.  See http://tug.org/begin.html for info.

    PS. Please tell admin that my last name is RAMJIT, not ramjet!

I will.

Best,
Karl