[texhax] Latex: dumbing down? (fwd)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Sep 16 02:27:40 CEST 2006

  >  Reinhard Kotucha said:
  >> There is experimental LaTeX 3 code already on CTAN.<

  > does it accommodate scientific numerics (eg 10.3 E-2) as often
  > occur as output from programs etc ??  if not - can I suggest that
  > this would be a useful addition ( I had to adjust our mathsPIC
  > program to do just this)

I didn't look into the LaTeX3 stuff for many years but I doubt that
this will be supported by the LaTeX3 kernel.  It is quite specific and
it is better to put such things into a package.

Future versions of pdfTeX will have an integrated Lua interpreter
which can be used for numerics.  I expect many new packages anyway
when the new pdfTeX will be released.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25