[texhax] Collection for social sciences and the humanities for TeXLive 2006

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Sep 11 02:10:50 CEST 2006

    Moreover *arab.tex* (Plain TeX) and *ledarab* (ledmac bundle)

Thanks Uwe.

These font packages (ibycus4 too) are already included in TeX Live in
various font collections.  Since they aren't humanities-specific, I
don't think they should be in collection-humanities.  Ditto the
publisher classes.

Basically, it's possible to slice and dice the TL package lists in
myriad ways, but little reason to do so.  It makes some sense to try to
extract a coherent set of humanities packages from
collection-latexextra, but anything that's already in a smaller
collection can just stay there, IMHO.

    -- About when will the deadline be?

I am waiting for the new pdftex and metapost releases, which I was told
would happen fairly soon.  Then we will start to slide towards the next
TL release.  As soon as there's any kind of date in mind, I'll announce
it, you can be sure.

Best,
Karl