[texhax] Typesetting chess diagrams

Peter Flom Flom at ndri.org
Fri Oct 13 14:09:08 CEST 2006

>>> <ramjivla at hvcc.edu> 10/13/2006 7:26 am >>> wrote

<<<
I am interested in using Tex in Typesetting Chess Diagrams with Tex.

Can you point me in the right direction? Postscript?
What support does Tex have for Postscript?

I've not done this, but it ties in with an article I am thinking of writing, called

     Which FM should I R ?

So, rather than just say RTFM, I''ll point this out

   The LaTeX graphics companion notes that there is a package called chess, by Piet Tutelaars, that looks pretty straightforward.
and has extensions for postal chess and importing from chess databases

HTH

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
http://cduhr.ndri.org
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010