[texhax] How can I make that chapters don't begin a new page?

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Mon Oct 9 00:28:49 CEST 2006

On Oct 8, 2006, at 12:02 , HRE wrote:

> Hello, how are you.
>

> How can I make that chapters don't begin a new page? I want to put,
> for example, two chapters on an only page. How can I do that?
>
> I would like that you help me telling me step by step the solution.

One way would be to use the article.cls, which has no chapter, and
use \section instead. But if you really need to use the book.cls, you
can renew the pertinent lines of book.cls in your preamble; for example:

\renewcommand\chapter{%
     %\if at openright\cleardoublepage\else\clearpage\fi % <-- Comment
out or delete this line
     \thispagestyle{plain}%
     \global\@topnum\z@%
     \@afterindentfalse%