[texhax] compliation errors - setspace related

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Wed Oct 4 09:56:51 CEST 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 00:28 , M.N.Smadi wrote:
> Hi there;
>
> had a charming system, and it seems somehow the latex package got
> updated and now nothing makes.  I had to replace the doublespace
> package
> with the setspace. But now I get these errors:
> ============- This is a 12 point document

[...]

> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/subfigure/subfigure.cfg)) (./
> moe_jnl_v5.aux)
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> <argument> \xiipt
>
> l.103 \begin{document}
> ======================
>

> my tex code at the beining of the document looks like this:
> =============
> \documentclass[12pt]{IEEEtrans}
> \usepackage{setspace}

I have typeset your document (just putting a dummy autor, title and
abstract) and it comes out right. But note that the class you
download from

http://www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/index.html

is IEEEtran.cls, not -trans.

The IEEEtrans.cls seems to be a modified IEEEtrans.sty:

http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/obsolete/macros/latex/contrib/misc/
ieeetrans.cls

I think you should update your class from the IEEE site, trash your
document .aux file and try again.

Best,

Axel