[texhax] [read this] How to make the following condition: if. .., then..., else...

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Oct 4 09:52:47 CEST 2006

Tom, I have no time for zealots.  If you don't like
top-posting, then don't top-post : that's your choice.
But don't seek to impose your own personal preferences
or prejudices on others.  Thank you.

> You are imposing on your readers by doing this.
>
> I agree completely with Martin.  Top posting makes for extremely
> confusing reading.  You read from part way to the bottom to the
> bottom, then from somewhere in the middle to nearly the bottom, then
> somewhere above the middle oops I'm lost, let's see ... from the top
> to ... no the middle bottom ... OH FORGET IT!!!  So why include
> material that is so confusing that readers won't read it?
>
> It wastes the time of the reader and reflects poorly on the writer who
> apparently doesn't care enough to write carefully so that the message
> is clear and logically ordered.
>
> Worse, the poster tends to ignore the content and we have seen several
> cases where the answer to a question a person posed was in the email
> they sent because of a string of previous postings that they ignored!

Philip Taylor