[texhax] the \let command

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Mon Nov 27 18:49:25 CET 2006

Phil: Thank you.  As I understand it, you meant that the \let only
captured the top-level definition of \t, and there was still a \t hiding
in that definition.  So when \t changes, the definition of \tie changes,
too.

Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk> wrote:

> tom sgouros wrote:
>
> >  o Are you talking about the original definition of \t that is
> >    recursive, or is there something incorrect in my redefinition of \t?
>
> The original : \t -> macro :-> \OML-cmd \t \OML\t

Where can I learn what this means?  Surveying the latex.ltx code isn't
helping me.  Is this LaTeX or TeX?

Many thanks,

 -tom