[texhax] How to Not indent item lists

Dieter Meinert DMeinert at RosenInspection.net
Fri May 19 10:33:13 CEST 2006

Hi all,
Following (LaTeX?) problem:
   I need an itemize (enum, desc...) environment where the label is
flush left to
   the textmargin, but I seem to be unable to find the correct length of
\if...
   The only success I had up to now was redefining the itemize
environment from
   latex.ltx as shown below, which resulted in a gross overreaction.
   Redefining \itemindent, \listindent,\listparindent
   \parindent and lots of other lengths didn't show any result at all.

   Certainly there must be an easier way nowadays.

\def\itemize{%
  \ifnum \@itemdepth >\thr@@\@toodeep\else
    \advance\@itemdepth\@ne
    \edef\@itemitem{labelitem\romannumeral\the\@itemdepth}%
    \expandafter
    \list
      \csname\@itemitem\endcsname
%      {\def\makelabel##1{\hss\llap{##1}}}%
       {\def\makelabel##1{\llap{##1}}}%
  \fi}

  To make clear what I have and what I want:

   Oranges and lemons
   \begin{itemize}
   \item abs
   \item dsa