[texhax] latex in social sciences?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 6 20:38:14 CEST 2006

Following up a little from Peter's answer ...

    2. Are politics journals typeset in latex?

I'd love to know :).

    3. Is it possible to do the "ibid"/"op cit" type citations in latex?

I believe the opcit package does it.  If not that one, there are a *lot*
of bibliography styles already defined, I would be quite surprised if
what you need has not already been done.  But if not, there is the
custom-bib package which lets you roll your own in a reasonably
straightforward way (i.e., you don't have to learn programming in
BibTeX's weird stack language :).

    4. Is there a nice way to handle multiple references from the same
    source, with only the pages being different, in bibtex?

BibTeX has a crossref feature, so that you can define a main entry, and
then have other entries that refer back to the main entry and add more
information.  It's often used with conference proceedings, but it seems
like it would work for pages within a single source, too.

Oddly enough, there will also be a talk by Federico Garcia on the
plethora of BibTeX styles at Practical TeX 2006 :).  For anyone who
might be interested ...
http://tug.org/practicaltex2006/

Best,
Karl