[texhax] A basic question

Rama Porrat rama at huji.ac.il
Mon May 1 12:14:38 CEST 2006

Dear friends - who knows the answer to this simple question?
I use WinEdt on MSWindows.  I have edited miktex.ini and specified WinEdt as
the preferred editor.  So, whenever a tex compilation stops with an error, I
type   "e" and get the problematic line within the WinEdt window.
However, my collegue has done the same.  His miktex.ini looks the same as
mine.  But because of some unknown reason, each time he types "e" notepad
keeps opening.   How can this be changed?
Thanks for your help!   Rama    rama at huji.ac.il