[texhax] dual-use input/output macro

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Mar 27 22:50:49 CEST 2006

A package addressing Karl's question has appeared on CTAN:

At 16:20 27.03.06, CTAN Announcements wrote:
>On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Rolf Niepraschk submitted the new package
>
>   showexpl
>
>to CTAN.
>
>This package provides a way to typeset LaTeX source code and the related
>result in the same document.
>
>Location on CTAN: /macros/latex/contrib/showexpl
>Summary description: Typesetting LaTeX source code
>License type: lppl

The README:

   The LaTeX package `showexpl' provides a way to typeset LaTeX source
   code and the related result in the same document. The `listings'
   package is required. See `doc/showexpl-test.tex' for the details.

Unfortunately, there is no other explanation of the user commands yet.
(Somewhat contrary to what Lars wrote, showexpl.dtx only documents
the implementation.) I couldn't even _find_ the usercommands so far.
Those who are better equipped than I may find them after running
showexpl.dtx (I don't have a package manager at home), usage may
then be easy to recognize.

Best regards,
   Uwe.

P.S. to Rolf Niepraschk:

(i) In showexpl.dtx, there's the typo
'\DoNotIndex{...\tableofcontens...}'

(ii) The CTAN managers endorse placing the .pdf result
of a .dtx on CTAN -- I would have been happy about that.