[texhax] LaTeX to InDesign

David C. Walden dave at walden-family.com
Tue Mar 21 16:54:30 CET 2006

Hi,

I already have considerable experience with various paths
from LaTeX to Word (mixes of computer translation, e.g.,
TTH, and manual editing).  A publisher has again asked
me to provide a Word file, but his ultimate goal is input
into InDesign.  Maybe they can copy from pages of a LaTeX
generated PDF and paste into InDesign, especially if I
turn off hyphenation in LaTeX so they don't have to deal
with word breaks at the wrong place in InDesign's line
folding.  My question for this list is does anyone have
any special insight about more or less productive paths
from LaTeX to InDesign.  (PS, I'm not interested in trying
to educate the publisher about accepting LaTeX input.)

Dave