[texhax] Typesetting - Font Problem?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Mar 19 02:12:50 CET 2006

  > On 2006-03-18 19:06:00 -0500, Tom Schneider wrote:
  >> She didn't know what the message means or how to fix it.

  > Sorry, but I don't care. 2.09-documents have been obsolete for
  > more than 10 years,

LaTeX2e provides a 2.09 compatibility mode which is supposed to allow
processing old documents.  It obviously is completely broken in teTeX
and TeXLive.

  > and people complaining about problems with them should be pointed
  > to section 4 of the usrguide.

First of all, she did not complain.  She kindly asked.

Good that you mention "usrguide".  But how should a newcomer know that
this file exists and where it is?.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25