[texhax] Typesetting - Font Problem?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Mar 19 00:26:53 CET 2006

  > I am new to tex.  I am having a problem typesetting a document.
  > Is the problem the fonts?  If so how do I fix this?

Where did you get the information to begin the document with
\documentstyle instead of \documentclass?  If you got the information
from a book, I fear that it is more than twelve years old and is not
useful any more.

If you don't want to spend money for a new book, just type
"texdoc lshort" (without the quotes) on the command line.

There is also a program "texdoctk" which will make your life easier.

I suppose that it is sufficient to use \documentclass instead of
\documentstyle.  The fonts which had not been found are not part of
teTeX but had been replaced by other ones.  You can still get the old
fonts from CTAN

   http://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/vf-files/msx2msa

but I don't see any good reason to install the old ones.

If \documentclass does not solve your problem, let us know.  In this
case it would be nice if you send us everything which comes before
\begin{document}.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25