[texhax] Typesetting - Font Problem?

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sun Mar 19 00:18:05 CET 2006

Martin:

> On 2006-03-17 15:46:41 -0800, Sophia Saucedo wrote:
> > I am new to tex.  I am having a problem typesetting a document.  Is
> > the problem the fonts?  If so how do I fix this?
> >
> > Entering LaTeX 2.09 COMPATIBILITY MODE
>
> Switch to LaTeX2e. It has been released more than 10 years ago.

But Sophia IS probably using LaTeX2e - that's why she got that
message!

Sophia:

Most of the difference is in the first line of the file.  Start it this way:

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

Then you will be using LaTeX2e.  What's happening now is (I guess) you
have the old LaTeX header and so LaTeX2e is going back to the old 2.09
mode.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)