[texhax] ledmac produces errors

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Mon Jul 17 04:09:23 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Sorry about the cross-post, but I thought I might widen the readership for this.

I am trying to typeset a translation of two languages and am using
ledmac but it is producing errors, such as:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.29   \l at dpairingfalse

?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.52   \pst at rtedLfalse

?

! LaTeX Error: \linenummargin undefined.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.163 \renewcommand*{\linenummargin}
                                     [1]{{%
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.227 \list at create
                   {\line at listR}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.227 \list at create{\line at listR
                               }
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.228 \list at create
                   {\insertlines at listR}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.228 \list at create{\insertlines at listR
                                      }
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.229 \list at create
                   {\actionlines at listR}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.229 \list at create{\actionlines at listR
                                      }
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.230 \list at create
                   {\actions at listR}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.230 \list at create{\actions at listR
                                  }
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.232 \list at create
                   {\linesinpar at listL}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.232 \list at create{\linesinpar at listL
                                     }
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.233 \list at create
                   {\linesinpar at listR}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.233 \list at create{\linesinpar at listR
                                     }
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.234 \list at create
                   {\maxlinesinpar at list}
?

and on and on...

So, is it what I am doing that is causing the problem,  or is there
another package that can be used in its place?

I have used the same file on 'other platforms' and got the same
result. Note, ledmac does not seem to work with pdftex, only latex.

Cheers
Alan