[texhax] Storing and processing a string later?

Chris Bergstresser chris at subtlety.com
Fri Jan 13 16:38:00 CET 2006

Hi all --

    Similar to the optional package I want to be able to do the following:

    At the beginning of my document, declare the following:

\versions[q1-1,q2-2,q3-*]

    Later, have the following:

\question{q1}{
     \version{1}{This is the first version}
     \version{2}{This is the second version}
}

    At compile time, it should check if "q1-1" is specified, and display
it.  However, I can't figure out how to dynamically construct the
comparison value -- optional doesn't seem to allow test values to be
constructed from variables.
    Can anyone help?

-- Chris