[texhax] latex default output font

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Feb 21 11:41:51 CET 2006

At 13:17 20.02.06, William Adams wrote:
>On Feb 19, 2006, at 4:43 AM, lorenzo cavini wrote:
>
> > I would like to use a sans serif font for the whole document
> > instead of
> > roman.
> > Is there a way to set the default font to sans serif?
>
>\renewcommand\rmdefault{\sfdefault}
>
>will work for the text.

Sorry, this seems dangerous to me -- what comes to my mind
immediately is that this makes it (nearly) impossible to use
\rmfamily occasionally (e.g. in an example about typesetting).
Why not just

     \renewcommand\familydefault{\sffamily}

? I would have thought that this is what the creators of NFSS
had in mind. -- And:

>William Adams
>senior graphic designer
>Fry Communications
>
>This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
>which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
>[...]

Could you please avoid this, William?
(I have seen that you have changed your employer.)

Best,
   Uwe.