[texhax] Replacing one char with 3 char

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Dec 2 14:22:53 CET 2006

At 00:36 02.12.06, wa2n wrote:

>I want to replace the result from Tex if in my teks found charakter
>followeb by "o" charakter then replacing with 3 character for example
>
>"mono" than the result is "xmzxnz"
>  (the "o" char replace with char in the front and back teh char that
>follow by "o");

We often have had questions like this one.
Something that worked has been discussed on this list
-- Maybe you can search

     : http://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/

-- Sorry, I have much more to do, before I give a
"definitive" answer: a package on CTAN.

However, list readers sometimes wonder why the posters
don't just use the File/Replace of their editor ...

It should be clear that what I had in mind won't change
the source files -- unless ... (with some other tricks you
can do so).

HTH -- Uwe.