[texhax] beamer error: undefined color

Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCHM) rjf2 at cdc.gov
Mon Aug 28 22:28:42 CEST 2006

> I have used beamer in the past
> and upon the urging of PracTeX presenters in 2005 and 2006
> have downloaded the updated packages:
> * beamer 3.06
> * pgf 1.01
> * xcolor 2.09
>
> per beamer instructions in beameruserguide.pdf of 10/23/2005
> I tried to pdfLaTeX examples\beamerexample1.tex
>
> I am quite frustrated at the following hax to fix an
> undefined \XC at mcolor \makeatletter \def\XC at bcolor{blue}
> \def\XC at mcolor{blue} \def\XC at ecolor{blue} \makeatother
>
> and this error
> %! LaTeX Error: Undefined color 'green!50!black'
>
> Q: how do I trace the variable whose undefined value is
> 'green!50!black'?

my thanks to those who wrote me off-list and suggested
that I check my installation process
which was to add the above as -new- packages.

Since the above packages are not new, but upgrades,
I saved the original files, from TeXLive 2004,
copied all the files into the appropriate original folders,
checked to see if copacetic
and discovered no xcolor.sty!

so now I know how to use
latex xcolor.dtx

and texhash

<sigh> reading the documentation: never fails to enlighten one!

I am progressing on my beamer slides and back on schedule.

Ron Fehd  the macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov