[texhax] beamer problem: parentheses in left footer

Robert M Dorazio bob_dorazio at usgs.gov
Fri Aug 25 14:02:01 CEST 2006

I'm using the Boadilla theme with Beamer.  The Boadilla theme creates a
footer with left, center, and right footers:

Left footer:  contains names and institutes of authors
Center footer:  contains title of presentation
Right footer:  contains date of presentation

My problem is that if I omit the names and institutes of authors, or even
just substitute blank spaces for these, Beamer places a set of parentheses
in the left footer.  Here is my LaTeX source:

\documentclass[11pt]{beamer}
\usetheme{Boadilla}

\title[title abbrev]{Here's the full title}

\begin{document}

\begin{frame}
\frametitle{title of slide}
\end{frame}

\end{document}

Is there a way to eliminate the parentheses?

Bob Dorazio
USGS - Florida Integrated Science Center
Department of Statistics
University of Florida
P.O. Box 110339
Gainesville, Florida  32611-0339