[texhax] lower tilde

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Tue Aug 22 14:53:36 CEST 2006

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     My next problem which I haven't isolated yet is that HyperLaTeX doesn't
>     seem to like the url package.

Hyperlatex is not a general-purpose translator and will only support
LaTeX packages for which there is a translation already written.
Fortunately, it's not hard, but unfortunately, no one's gotten around to
it for url.sty.  But most of the functionality of the package can be
gotten with \newcommand{\url}[1]{\verb;#1;}, given that hyperlatex and
HTML are more forgiving about moving verbatim things around than LaTeX
is.

Try this:

\T\usepackage{url}
\W\newcommand{\url}[1]{\verb;#1;}

But really this is conversation that belongs on the hyperlatex list.

 -tom