[texhax] Marginal note alongside footnote

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Sat Aug 5 18:21:12 CEST 2006

At 08:51 04.08.06, N.J.I. Mars wrote:

>In a LaTeX document, I use \marginpar tot get marginal notes. I would like
>to create similar marginal notes alongside some of the footnotes as well.
>However, use of \marginpar inside \footnote leads to the error message
>'float(s) lost'. In the FAQ I find this problem mentioned (one cannot use
>one float (marginpar) within another float (footnote)), but not a solution.
>So, my question is: How do I get a marginal note alongside a footnote?

I found the CTAN announcement cited below from in February --
HTH, Uwe Lueck.

Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/marginnote
Summary description: marginnote allows margin note, where \marginpar fails
License type: lppl
Announcement text:
This package provides the command \marginnote that may be
used instead of \marginpar at almost every place, where
\marginpar cannot be used, e.g. inside floats, footnotes,
frames made with framed package ...