[texhax] Misalignment of "tabular" entities

Will, Paul (P.) pwill1 at visteon.com
Thu Aug 3 11:47:23 CEST 2006

I'm using TeX to create a series of 3 tabular entries on a page but the
first table on each page is offset to the right about 16pts and I cannot see
an obvious reason for this in the tex file. The 2 following tables on the
page are perfectly aligned as expected. I'm new to TeX so it's perfectly
possible that this is a case of "user error" but having looked through
several sets of FAQs I can't see a similar problem described.
I'm using SuSE Linux 9.3 o/s and creating the TeX file from a Perl program,
I'm using XDVI to display the resulting dvi file.
Any help would be appreciated.

Paul Will
Systems Analyst (EIT Group)
Cube ref: GB57/GC-K04-E
Visteon Automotive Systems Ltd
Visteon Customer and Technology Centre
Endeavour Drive
SS14 3WF
Tel: +44 (0)1268 70 1826
Fax:+44 (0)1268 70 0100
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any,
is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and /or privileged material. Any unauthorized review,
of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish
to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender