[texhax] test for LaTeX typist ?

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Apr 26 17:58:49 CEST 2006

IMHO, the best indicator of an inate ability to
"think [La]TeX" is the ability to express ideas
verbally without needing recourse to pictures
or gesticulation.  Perhaps the simplest test is
to ask someone to describe a helix : if they
can manage that without rotating a finger in
space, they can probably cope with \begin {foo}
... \end {foo} !

** Phil.
--------