[texhax] can't control page size - why? (the real problem)

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Apr 25 18:56:36 CEST 2006

Lars (Daleif?):

> try adding 'dvips' to the geometry options, otherwise dvips just falls
> back to its default papersize.

Thanks.  I tried these usepackage calls and got the following
BoundingBoxes:

\usepackage[total={16cm,16cm},margin=0cm]{geometry}
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 595 842

\usepackage[dvips,total={16cm,16cm},margin=0cm]{geometry}
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792

\usepackage[dvips,total={16cm,20cm},margin=0cm]{geometry}
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792

Switching to dvips did change the BoundingBox, but I still have no
control over it!

By the way, I've confirmed that I can control the BoundingBox in
ghostscript and Mac OS X Previewer, the sizes actually change in one
example.  However, if I alter the bounding box in the page generated
by LaTeX/dvips, the size is not changed, so there must be something
overriding the BoundingBox!  I deleted some lines that said it was a4
paper and that made no difference.

Tom