[texhax] LaTeX Pagination Reversed

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Mon Apr 10 16:19:56 CEST 2006

Hasn't an important part of the problem been overlooked?

At 02:58 08.04.06, Don Mainfort wrote:

>Also, the print on front & back do not align - when looking at outer edge
>of a page, the type of the even side is about a quarter of an inch shy of
>that of the odd side.

Note that with book.cls this really must not happen.

>\documentclass[final, leqno]{book}
>\usepackage{natbib}
>\usepackage{amsmath, amssymb, amsfonts}
>\usepackage{epsfig}
>\usepackage{graphics}
>\usepackage{color}
>\usepackage{hyperref}
>\usepackage{rotating}
>\usepackage{lscape}
>\usepackage{latexsym}
>\usepackage{CJK}
>\usepackage{pinyin}
>\usepackage{setspace}
>\usepackage[outercaption]{sidecap}
>\usepackage{ccaption}

... the margins should be as with book.cls, shouldn't they?
-- you might measure and mail the margins.

Many years ago, some printers did strange things
so you had to play with \hoffset to get the same
margins on different printers. The problem cited
above might be solved the same way, without
`geometry'.

As to "camera ready": I have recently seen some
.tex files, especially what margins were set, and
compared it with the ready book (my job is to make
another book in the same style.) I found that the
publishers chose their own margins, irrespective
of the margins they received. (Indeed, I have the
the printout that was sent to the publisher, it has
the margins that I found set in the files.) So forget
about your margins ...

Hope, well ...
   Uwe.