[texhax] tikzpicture vs eps, htlatex

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 15:02:47 CEST 2006

Package pgf with tikz (1.01) while used with the latex/pdflatex works
perfectly for me, using gnuplot to provide data for plots.

1) Now I want to send my source to the place without pgf. To do this I
need to convert my foo.tex file into foo4dummies.tex which instead of
\begin{tikzpicture}
\end{tikzpicture}
contains \includegraphics{...} and the corresponding graphics file.

Surely, I can make a separate picture.tex file, containing only
tikzpicture, generate picture.eps, crop and trim it and replace
\begin{tikzpicture}.....\end{tikzpicture} with
\includegraphics{picture.eps}.

However, is there any automatic converter?

2) htlatex also works well for me (there are problems with colorboxes)
but completely ignores tikzpicture. Surely if there is positive answer
to 1) I could generate foo4dummies.tex and picture.eps and run htlatex
for them. However is there another way to apply htlatex to foo.tex
directly and get a proper graphics?

Thank you in advance
                                         Victor