[texhax] Positioning figures in Latex/Beamer

cryan at binghamton.edu cryan at binghamton.edu
Sun Apr 2 04:49:00 CEST 2006

Pretty new here myself, but I use beamer a bit.  Beamer compiles via
pdflatex, so in the absence of any fancy tricks, I think you must use
graphics in pdf format.  I think you need \usepackage{graphics} or
\usepackage{graphicx} in your preamble.  Then the \includegraphics command
should work.  You can also use the columns environment to put two graphics
side-by-side, or a graphic on one side and some text on the other.

The massive beamer user guide is available online in pdf format.  It is
very comprehensive and will cover all this better than I.

Enjoy beamer and the pdf format; I think you'll like it.

--Chris Ryan