[texhax] listings package missing on OS X

Peter Michaux petermichaux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 05:54:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm amazed at how difficult this is getting. I appreciate the help. I
was hoping not to have to become a TeX sys admin. Kind of tarnishes
the appeal of using TeX as an easy typesetting tool. I'll keep trying
though...

On 4/1/06, Justin C. Walker <justin at mac.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 2006, at 12:57 , Peter Michaux wrote:

> The package is present on my systems, both 10.3.9 and 10.4.5.

How did you do that?

> > I haven't found a nice solution to this. People start
> > talking about fink and I have never had any success with fink.
>
> Fink is not what you want.

Sadly I just discovered that fink is how I installed teTeX years ago

$ fink list -i

(i)  tetex                  2.0.2-36         Complete distribution of
the TeX typesetting system
(i)  tetex-base             2.0.2-36         Base programs for a teTeX
installation
(i)  tetex-shlibs           2.0.2-36         Shared libraries for a
teTeX installation
(i)  tetex-texmf            2.0.2-2          Main texmf tree for a
teTeX installation
(i)  texinfo                4.7-11           Texinfo documentation system

Is it a good idea that I just get rid of the fink install and do some
different install? Suggestions for this different install?

Thanks,
Peter