[texhax] SECTION/TOC/REF

Scrofani, Jim USA jwscrofa at nps.edu
Sat Sep 10 02:32:07 CEST 2005

I am trying to typset a document with the following requirements:

I require a toc like (note the periods):

I. LEVEL 1

   A. LEVEL 2

             1. LEVEL 3

                 a. LEVEL 4

I need sectioning headings that are similar, i.e., I. Chapter One, A.
Section One, ....

I also need referencing with full hierarchy, i.e.  In the following work
we use information from V.A.3.a (2).

I have done much research and cannot get a solution.  Any advise would
be helpful!

I am confounded regarding the counters section, subsection, ..., which
are defined to meet the toc and sectioning requirements, but are
inadequate for the referencing requirement.  If I define them for the
referencing requirement, the toc and sectioning are errant!

Regards,

Jim

Here is the formatting required:

Subdivision