[texhax] Problem installing fonts (corelpak)

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 14:33:31 CEST 2005

> On Sep 9, 2005, at 6:58 AM, Ulrich wrote:
>
> > I tried to install the Galliard font using the corelpak font files
> > from the
> > ctan-archives. I moved all the files to the appropriate subdirectories:
> > *.vf  ->  /texmf/fonts/vf/corelpak/galliard
> > *.tfm  ->  . . /tfm/corelpak/galliard
> > bgl.map -> /texmf/tex/dvips/config
> > galliard.sty (and (O)T1bgl.fd)  ->   /texmf/tex/latex/bgl
>
> This is an FAQ.
>
> You need the .pfb files:
>
> http://www.math.upenn.edu/tex_docs/help/faq/uktug-faq/FAQ86.html

please don't publish links to wildly out-of-date copies of the faq
(that one, for example, still lists fonts that y&y used to distribute,
and which are no longer available).

if you have difficulty getting to the current version
(www.tex.ac.uk/faq) please let _me_ know, rather than just publishing
an out-of-date link.

there is an email link in the current faq, for submitting concerns
about the running of the faq.  the email link in the copy of the faq
that you listed above is out of date (it attracted too many mails that
should have gone to texhax ... it only takes a few abusive people to
make that situation intolerable).

robin