[texhax] \begin{figure}[h]

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Sat Sep 3 08:10:53 CEST 2005

On Aug 31, 2005, at 11:30 AM, Kevin wrote:

> Just like to say that I got the class file sorted.
>
> As for figure placement am using \begin{figure}[h]
>
> However using [h] gets converts to [ht] by my latex compiler. I
> still get some figures left floating alone by their own on a single
> page. Is there any way to force latex not to do this? Such as word
> wrap or something?

If LaTeX can't put the float (figure or table) [h] (here, on the same
page) and sends it to the next page and there is certainly enough
space for the float and text, try using [t!] instead (LaTeX will
place the float at the top of next page and will use the remaining
space of the page for text).

See also

http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=textflow

Best,