?SPAM? - Re: [texhax] Orphan section heads

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Fri Oct 28 16:27:26 CEST 2005

At 13:31 28.10.05, Philip TAYLOR wrote:
>Dear Uwe -- Many thanks for your suggestion;
>I suspect that one "\expandafter" got lost in
>transit (as it stands, you are trying to redefine
>\expandafter rather than \verbatim !), but modulo
>that, it seems to work as you intended :-)))
>>\makeatletter
>>\def \expandafter \verbatim \expandafter{\expandafter
>>   \@beginparpenalty\expandafter\@M\verbatim}
>>\makeatother
Indeed, it was missing before transit already!

>Very many thanks, and I am cc'ing Robin who may
>wish to retrofit something similar to the TUGboat
>macros.

It might be a subject for LaTeX as well; yet someone
who makes subsection headings embedded is
particularly obliged to deal with the problem (IMHO).

The best that comes to my mind is a user version
of \@afterheading to be used when one knowingly
starts a \@trivlist after an embedded heading:
\makeatletter
\let\stayhereyoubloodytrivlist\@afterheading