[texhax] Set(s) of data

Konstantin Karapetyan kotya.karapetyan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 20:59:22 CEST 2005

Hello texhax,

I have the following task. I have my own class. Each document, based
on this class, should include a complex-formatted table with a list of
responsible persons. This table is currently formed by a special
environment and a number of \AddPerson commands within it.
Additionally, there are three different subgroups of these persons.
Because LaTeX doesn't (as far as I know) allow for nested user-defined
environments, I implemented it like this:

\begin{ResponsiblePeople}
  \SubgroupOne
  \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
  \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
  \SubgroupTwo
  \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
  \SubgroupThree
  \AddPerson{name}{contacts}
\end{ResponsiblePeople}

I don't like it much. Instead I'd prefer to have three sets of persons'
names and contacts put into some data structure (or three structures)
and then have this
whole structure passed to a command which would form the list for me.

Is this possible? Thanks!

Konstantin.