[texhax] TeX to LaTeX

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 6 01:51:35 CEST 2005

> SPQR's "Hyperref"

1) hyperref has been maintained by Heiko Oberdiek for many years now;
   not sure how much of Sebastian's original code remains at this point.

2) I don't expect you find it especially interesting, but for the
   record, the new Eplain 3.0 release (http://tug.org/eplain) has
   support for live url's a la hyperref.  You can also load the LaTeX
   graphics and color packages.  Among other things.

   No "simplified access to esoteric fonts" (or even non-esoteric ones),
   though.  (There's the independent package plnfss, "plain nfss",
   although I've never used it.)

> If I were you, I'd try wrapping your Plain TeX source file in
> a LaTeX wrapper and seeing how well or how badly it fares ...

Yes, good thought ...

(Dick wrote me privately mentioning he's made some decent progress
already.)

Best,
Karl