[texhax] Style location

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun May 29 18:51:48 CEST 2005

    >> \usepackage{../foo}.
    >> In the foo.sty it is defined as
    >> \ProvidesPackage{foo}[2005/05/20 v1.0b]
    >>
    >> How do I get rid of this warning?

1) Prepend .. to TEXINPUTS, so you can do \usepackage{foo}.
   This is what we habitually do for TUGboat.

2) I haven't tried it, but maybe foo.sty could also do a
   \ProvidesPackage{../foo}[...].

3) I don't know, but maybe it is possible to disable this LaTeX warning
   in some reasonable way.  I've disabled warnings before (not this
   one), when I just couldn't stand seeing the same useless message
   every time as I run a paper dozens of times while editing, but it was
   ughly.  Sigh.

HTH,